Monday, January 28, 2013

Color of the Year: Emerald!




2013 COLOR OF THE YEAR

Hello beauties! It's been a while since I've posted, I know. One of my New Year's resolutions is to be more on-task with these things! I don't want to let any people down, so I'm going to try to post as much as possible. Did you all have a good holidays and New Year? I can't believe it's 2013 - crazy! Anyways, on to the more important subject at hand - Pantone announced the new color of the 2013 year! Last year's color was a pretty, punchy orange shade, and I had a lot of fun mixing that into my wardrobe. But this year, they've decided to tone it down a little and go for something a little classier and mature: emerald!

I don't know about you, but I'm super excited to incorporate this shade into my closet this year! I think the worry this year is that orange was such a young, fun color that a lot of young people enjoyed using. But I've found that people are finding emerald to be a little scary, a little too mature - but no worries, ladies! Emerald is a gorgeous color, and it can totally work for any style and any age. It just has to be worn the right way and the right amount, so we don't look too young or too old for our age.


1. Accessories

Try bringing out emerald this year in a great handbag! What I love about this one from Topshop is that it looks so classy, and can be paired with so many different outfits. It's got a great pop of color, and can be paired with an neutral outfit if you're looking to go casual for a day. I've been fantasizing about this satchel paired with something white and black - maybe polka dots, stripes? Either way, I think - especially for you casual girls who want to be able to throw something cute on in the morning without having to try too hard - that a colored purse is the way to go. That way, you can bring out the excitement in the purse and the jewelry and a simple outfit won't really matter.



2. Makeup

Who said you can't rock emerald this year in your makeup? Remember, it doesn't always  have to be in the clothes or in the jewelry! I think a fun emerald eyeliner, like this one from Urban Outfitters, could be a great unique way to show off 2013's color! While it's super daring, it isn't too predictable and hey, it's cheaper to buy an emerald eyeliner that you can wear with numerous outfits then to buy a great emerald dress that only works in fancy settings. Don't just stop at eyeliner either - Maybelline's Edgy Emerald Color Tattoo  is gorgeous on, and so are other emerald eye shadows. As long as you make sure your outfit isn't too crazy (so it won't clash, overwhelm, or draw attention from your make up), try out this unique way of wearing emerald!



3. Shoes

Possibly my favorite way to bring out emerald this year is in your shoes! Yes, your shoes, girl! Lately, I've been obsessed with bringing a pop of color to my outfits by wearing super bright shoes and a neutral looking outfit. I think it looks totally original and very fun and creative. While these pumps from Christian Louboutin are sold out and obviously way expensive, colored shoes are super easy to find and buy at cheaper prices. Emerald pumps would look so gorgeous with an LBD!


4. A L.....ED?

A little emerald dress? Who says it can't be done? While it's probably the most obvious way to wear this year's it color, you can never go wrong with a classy emerald dress. This one from ModCloth reminds me of Spencer from Pretty Little Liars! If, like her, you've got a fun retro and classy style, go for some oxfords and a side dutch braid! If you're more edgy, try studded black boots and maybe some skull stud earrings or a cool wrap headband. If you're on the girly side, go for some pumps, of course! I'd probably chill down the outfit with some riding boots and long waves, but then again, this dress could work for so many occasions!

Candie's Shawl Collar Blazer

5. The Colored Blazer

One of the best ways to dress up an LBD or even little shorts or a skirt - a colored jacket! It doesn't necessarily have to be a blazer, but I think this emerald one from Kohl's is not only super cute, but super cheap! It can look modest and formal with a black dress and pumps, but if you're younger and want to try something more daring, go for some sequined shorts! I think silver sequined shorts, a black ruffle top, and pumps would be a perf New Year's party outfit. I think black skinnies with a black top and then fun, sequined heels or flats would be fun as well!


I hope you enjoy incorporating emerald into your wardrobe this year - I know I will! Please feel free to comment or ask any questions - I'm always here! I'd love to see how you are wearing emerald this year.

Happy 2013!

XOXO,

Steph <3

No comments:

Post a Comment