Saturday, May 12, 2012

FINGER FASHION: Border Nails

FINGER FASHION: Border Nails

Hey fashionistas! I don't know if most of you know already, but bright nail polish is TOTALLY in
this spring and summer, and so is this new nail trend: border nails! I was a little iffy about trying this new trend out at first, just because it isn't that popular and looks kind of difficult, but it's actually super fun and easy. This literally takes ten minutes at most, minus the drying time, and turns out looking really cute! And while I love detailed nail designs, they are really hard to pair with most outfits. That's why I love these simple border nails, and if you pick neutral colors, it can look good with almost anything!

MATERIALS:

-2 contrasting nail polishes
-a nail art brush

STEPS:

1. First off, make sure your nails are trimmed and clean.
2. Paint your nails like normal. Make sure you choose the color that you want in the middle. For example, if I was doing my nails like in the picture above, I would use a pretty aqua color, like this one from Urban Outfitters. 
3. Next, choose a bright, contrasting nail polish color. If I were doing the colors in the picture above, I would use black. Dip your nail art brush into the polish and make a thin outline around your nail. If you get any polish on your cuticles, you can just soak a q-tip in remover, and it will come right off.
4. Let the nails dry for 10-15 minutes, and you're good to go, gorgeous! 

I hope you guys enjoyed this super easy and fun nail tutorial. Make sure to send me a picture of your nails, if you decide to try this out, at mizbeautybarbie@gmail.com. 

XOXO,

Stephanie






No comments:

Post a Comment