Saturday, May 12, 2012

NEW TREND: Polka Dots



NEW TREND: POLKA DOTS

Hello beauties! I know what most of you are thinking right now - polka dots? Really? But they have actually been getting a LOT of attention lately. Celebs all over have been seen wearing them in mini dresses, sweaters, skirts, gowns, tops, and even pants. I have to say that personally, I've never been a huge fan of this pattern, but as of recently, I've been obsessed with this new trend. I love the fact that in the winter, you can rock the black and white version, but now that it's springtime and nearly summer, the colored version will start making an appearance! I actually bought a black and white polka dot sheer top from Urban Outfitters a couple of months ago, and I'm totally loving it. The best part about this new fad is that it can work for any style!

 Gwen Stefani's signature edgy style comes in handy with this new trend. She pairs a grey-and-white polka dot sweater with an all black ensemble: a scarf, pencil skirt, tights, sunglasses, and boots. If you want to try out this look for spring/summer, I would recommend trading the scarf for a statement necklace, or going for a sheer polka dot tank and saving the sweater for fall.

 Selena Gomez defiantly rocked the red carpet in this killer outfit. I love how she modernizes the look with a sweetheart neckline. It's almost like a subtle, dramatic sexy, that takes everyone back a couple of decades. I almost wonder if you could take a LBD, wear a sheer polka dot top overtop, and then tie a bow or belt around the waistline to achieve this look. It's all about creativity, right? :)

 I've got to say, I'm in love with Kristen Bell's outfit in this picture. While her blazer and high-neckline tunic give an older, sophisticated feel, she makes the outfit more fun with sky-high nude pumps, a statement necklace, and colored polka dot skinnies! I don't know about you guys, but I absolutely adore the random pop of color. If you don't want your look to be so dramatic, you could always go for a a colored polka dot top over jeans, or if you're not liking the pants, try throwing a neon leather jacket over a white-and-black polka dot outfit! It will totally glam up your look.

I hope I gave you guys a new, fresh outlook on this new polka-dot trend! Even if you aren't a big fan of this pattern, I would defiantly try it out. There are so many different ways to get the style you want! 

XOXO,

Steph 




No comments:

Post a Comment